Investing will lose money?

Last Wednesday, I overheard a conversation  that the superior was discussing the subordinate that investing will lose money.

When someone that was expected to be respected, pass some "stereotype" information to those that looks up to him, it really makes me boils being an investor and trying my best to spread what I knew.

In my opinion, this was a very wrong way of passing information and it is over-generalization of the stock market.

If you do not know how to invest in the stock market, please do not spread your "knowledge" like this.

Although there are many instances that people were "cheated" and loss a lot of money, but there are also many famous and successful investors around the world and I am not talking about Warren Buffet or George Soros or Charlie Munger.

I am talking about locals such as bloggers like Assi AK, 3Fs, Dividend Warrior and Ken'ichi. All successful in their own ways.

There are also courses by Bigfatpurse or The fifth person that teaches people how to invest in the right way.

In other instances, where people were cheated, were situations when their Greed took over and believe in the "High returns" scams. Those are not investment.

If you intend to do this, I rather you spend the money on 4D or Toto or even soccer betting. The probability of gaining back is higher. In addition, you will be doing "good" as well - Because Singapore Pools/Tote Board still makes regular donations to charities. (You get my point right?) 

Even with my little knowledge in investing, I will not promise you the high returns. (I normally tell people put only money you expect to lose and expect the most, a 10% return).

At the end of the day, please do not spread information like this if you do not know. I prefer/rather you say you do not know and get the person to find out information on their own.

Investing is a long journey. You will need to learn and find out on your own eventually. There are so many information on the net nowsadays. It's only a click away.



Comments