My 15% Portfolio - Changes After 2 Quarters

It is the time to review "My 15% Portfolio". The previous review in the 1st quarter can be read here.

However, do note that despite aiming for a 15% gain this year, the market has not been kind to me. The current change in my portfolio is VERY FAR from it and it will be revealed later on.

Do note that this portfolio was inherited from the portfolio at end of 2017 and their respective share price was restarted on 26 Dec 2017.

Thus, any gain or losses was just based on the price changes over the last 6 months.

Prior to taking a look at the changes in my portfolio, let me emphasize on the following:

1. This portfolio review is calculated from 26 Dec 2017 and the aim is to review the total portfolio gain after 1 year.

2. The counter's initial share prices are their respective share prices on 26 Dec 2017.

3. The gain and loss stated is just a simple calculation of the difference in share prices, ignoring the transaction fees.

4. At times, if stated, the gain could include dividends.

5. This review will include my overseas counters in USA and Hong Kong.

End of 1st Quarter 2018
End of 2nd Quarter 2018
Singapore Telecommunications Limited
Singapore Telecommunications Limited
Chuan Hup Holding Limited
Chuan Hup Holding Limited
Captii Limited
Captii Limited
NikkoAM-StraitsTrading Asia ex Japan REIT ETF
Sold All At 2% Loss
Japan Food Holding Ltd
Japan Food Holding Ltd
Netlink Trust
Sold All At 5% Loss
The Trendlines Group Ltd
The Trendlines Group Ltd
Challenger Technologies Ltd
Sold All At 15% Gain
Colex Holding Ltd
Sold All At 25% Loss
TSH Holding Ltd
Sold All At 20% Loss
Starhill REIT
Starhill REIT
HongKong Land USD
HongKong Land USD
GRP Ltd
Sold All At 20% Loss
ABF SG Bond ETF
Sold All At 2% Loss
M1 Ltd
Sold All At 1% Gain
Ellipsiz Ltd
Ellipsiz Ltd
Starland Holdings Ltd
Sold All At 30% Loss
Sysma Holdings Ltd
Sysma Holdings Ltd
CWX Global Ltd
Sold All At 20% Loss
Singhaiyi Group Ltd
Singhaiyi Group Ltd
The Walt Disney Company (USA Counter)
The Walt Disney Company (USA Counter)
Quarterhill Inc. (USA Counter)
Quarterhill Inc. (USA Counter)
Win Hanverby Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)
Win Hanverby Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)
Powershares QQQ ETF (USA Counter)
Sold All At 5% Gain
Goldpac Group Ltd (HK Counter)
Sold All At 3% Gain
Cowell E Holdings Inc (HK Counter)
Sold All At 15% Loss

Additional: The Hour Glass Limited

Additional: Powermatic Data Systems Limited
In addition to the current counters in the table above, I have also bought and sold:

Dutech Holdings Ltd - About 5% Gain

I have stated previously that I am moving into a more focused strategy and created a list of 9 Big Ideas that contributed more 60% of my portfolio. With that change, I have reduced the numbers of companies in my portfolio from 26 to 15. My portfolio is currently down about 7.84% since 26 Dec 2017. I am currently holding on to about 17% cash.

Reasons for the drop in the portfolio were due to the following:
1. Singtel and Ellipsiz are 2 of my biggest holdings and they are on a downward trend;
2. My current overseas counters are also in the red very badly. 2 out of the 3 overseas companies have lost more than 20% on paper.
3. Only 2 out of 9 of the Big Ideas are green. The rest are red.
4. Trade war rumors and cooling measures have also caused the market to fall, and indirectly affecting my portfolio.

In Short

The market has not been nice to the retail investors. Many reasons or excuses could be used to explain on why did this happens. But if we believe in our method and due diligence, we should always be able to sleep well at night.

Last night, when cooling measures arrive, I was still able to sleep well because I did my homework.

Here are some past articles I wrote this year about the initial short market correction:

Steps To Take In A Market Correction

More Thoughts From This Market Correction

And also a post on the Ultimate Scorecard method I use as well as some words or wisdom:

The Ultimate Scorecard Criteria In "Words"

Words of Wisdom and Big Idea 2

Hope these articles will assist you to sleep better during these "sleepless" nights.

Please do your own due diligence before you invest in any of the stocks in my portfolio.

If you are interested to know more about The Ultimate Scorecard or Full Analysis, do visit the Fundamental Scorecard website for more information! Do sign up to get the latest scorecard of all the SGX counters now! Only about $10 a month!

Oh... and do remember, please like our Facebook page (T.U.B Investing) and follow me on InvestingNote.

Comments