My Initial (Unexecutable) Post Brexit Action Plan

With the Brexit happening, everyone was expecting a bloodbath in all the global markets. It did happen for a while - but its only within foreign stock exchange. 

For Singapore stock market, STI has actually rise for the last 3 days post Brexit event! The STI downturn in January is actually much worse!

STI rises over the last 3 days!
This results have actually confused me and makes me realise Mr Market is always Irrational!

I even had my watchlist ready and was ready to pounce when my target price is hit. Nevertheless, this never happen and all my targets stayed "green" and move further away from my target price. In the end, I sold some of my holdings in Singtel and M1 rather than attempting any purchases.

(Do you want to know my targets? Join my 1st Sharing Session to know what's in my watchlist.)

Anyway I believe its good to share how I did initially review my watchlist, so that we can follow this action plan everytime prior to a significant event happening (and this can also serve a reminder to myself):


1. Review existing stocks in your portfolio. Average down selected stocks in your portfolio. These stocks should be those stocks you feel that are still fundamentally strong and this price fall is only temporary.

2. Search for stocks that passed the Enhanced Triple S Scorecard that aren't in my portfolio yet. Determine a target price and pick them up.

3. Be very selective on getting Blue Chips that are falling and extremely cheap. This is because Blue Chips are have higher price and there is still a possibility that it can fall further. Cheap can be Cheaper. Do Not Catch A Falling Knife.

4. Finally don't overspend on your purchases as the Brexit just happened - We still do not know the full extend of the damages of Brexit. But if you happen to have purchase any stock, at least have a 2 years timeframe in your mind. 

If you are thinking of looking at stocks for the long term, do give my initial Triple S Scorecard a try. It's still a good tool! 

I will only be releasing the Enhanced Version of the Triple S Scorecard for those that attend My 1st Sharing Session with T.U.B. If you are interested to attend, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Oh... and do remember, please like our Facebook page - T.U.B Investing.

Comments