Counters In My Watchlist - An Update

This is just an update to readers who had read about the post "Counters In My Watchlist".

So what had happened to these counters after 1 month and what is my decision moving forward?

1. Yongnam Holdings Ltd

As predicted, Yongnam's share price has ranged from 0.199 to 0.210 over this 1 month.

I had told many people (even during my sharing session conducted recently), and also stated in the initial post, I doubt the share price will go below 0.199 or have a drastic fall like other counters such as Noble Group. This is mainly due to the breakdown of the number of shareholders holdings as well as the public float.

If people wanted to sell, they will have done it earlier. Everyone is waiting for the breakthrough.

For me, I did purchase Yongnam at 0.199. However, I should be offloading them in the next few weeks to free up some cash as my new strategy of wealth preservation is in full swing.

2. Singhaiyi Group Ltd

The counter's share price has not managed to drop to my level of preference. So I did not make any purchase.

In addition, with its recent news of the completion of selling TripleOne Sommerset, the share price has actually increased. Thus, the margin of safety has diminished.

Nevertheless, the date to watch for this counter is 5 of April - the counter's first right of refusal for the purchase of OKH Global Ltd will expire on that day. Singhaiyi will have decide if it will purchase OKH Global Ltd from its' parent company.

3. Starhill Global REIT

I have purchased this counter as part of my strategy in wealth preservation.

In Short

My new strategy of wealth preservation is in full swing. The group of counters within this wealth preservation portion includes:

1. Starhill Global REIT
2. Far East Hospitality Trust
3. CapitaLand Mall Trust
4. Nikko AM-Straits Trading Asia ex Japan REIT ETF

This strategy also includes using a portion of my cash to invest in P2P platform.

In addition, I have also tried my hands at global investing (an external amount not linked to my 10% Portfolio) and has made investment into US and Hong Kong stocks. I will reveal more in the next post.

Anyway, moving forward, with my cash holding running much lower, I will be only searching for good small/mid cap companies to invest in.

These companies will hopefully be in the mold of Hock Lian Seng or Ellipsiz that has doubled (excluding dividend returns) in share price over 2 years.

Please do your own due diligence before you invest in any of the stocks in my portfolio. 

Oh... and do remember, please like our Facebook page (T.U.B Investing) and follow me on InvestingNote.

Comments