My 10% Portfolio - Changes After 2 Quarters

It has been almost 2 quarters and the time has come again to review my 10% portfolio again.

Before I go straight into the counters in my portfolio, it is important to note and emphasize on the following:

1. This portfolio review is calculated from the start of the year and the aim is to review the total portfolio gain after 1 year.

2. Some of the counter's initial share prices are their respective share prices at the start of this year (Especially those counters in this post).

3. The gain and loss stated is just a simple calculation of the difference in share prices, ignoring the transaction fees.

4. At times, if stated, the gain could be including dividends.

5. This review will include my overseas counters in USA and Hong Kong.

These are the updates to my 10% Portfolio:

As per Previous Post
Current
Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation
Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation
Singapore Telecommunications Limited
Singapore Telecommunications Limited
ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited
ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited
Bukit Sembawang Estates Ltd
Bukit Sembawang Estates Ltd
M1 Limited
M1 Limited
Chuan Hup Holding Limited
Chuan Hup Holding Limited
Hock Lian Seng Holding Ltd
Hock Lian Seng Holding Ltd
ST Engineering Ltd
ST Engineering Ltd
Ellipsiz Ltd
Ellipsiz Ltd
PNE Industries Limited
PNE Industries Limited
Suntec Real Estate Inv Trust
Sold at 10% Profit!
LTC Corporation Ltd
Sold at 10% Profit!
Frasers Centrepoint Limited
Frasers Centrepoint Limited
Captii Limited
Captii Limited
Far East Hospitality Trust
Sold at 10% Profit!
Singapore Post Limited
Singapore Post Limited
BBR Holdings (S) Limited
Sold at 20% Profit!
Maxi-Cash Financial Services Corp Ltd
Maxi-Cash Financial Services Corp Ltd
Ocean Sky International Ltd
Ocean Sky International Ltd
Tiong Seng Holding Ltd
Tiong Seng Holding Ltd
Boustead Singapore Limited
Sold at 5% Profit!
Yongnam Holdings Limited (Sold at 10% Profit and Bought again after it falls!)
Sold at 5% Profit!
Samudera Shipping Line Ltd
Samudera Shipping Line Ltd
Falcon Energy Group Limited
Sold at 15% Profit!
Starhill Global REIT
Sold at 5% Profit!
AGV Group Ltd
AGV Group Ltd
CapitaMall Trust
Sold at 5% Profit!

Additional: NikkoAM-StraitsTrading Asia ex Japan REIT ETF

Additional: TTJ Holdings Limited (Bought again!)

Additional: Japan Food Holding Ltd

Additional: Singhaiyi Group Ltd (Yes, bought again!)

Additional: The Walt Disney Company (USA Counter)

Additional: VASCO Data Security International, Inc. (USA Counter)

Additional: Textron (USA Counter)

Additional: Sitoy Group Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)

Additional: Alco Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)

There are currently 27 counters (22 SG and 5 Overseas counters) in my portfolio. On an overall basis, I am currently achieving a total gain of about 14.2% since the start of the year!

I am currently still looking to reduce the number of counters in my portfolio to between 15 to 20 counters (excluding overseas counters). I believe a much more concentrated portfolio may bring about a higher rate of return.

It is also important to note that in my last review, I bought more REITs counters (Starhill Global REIT and CapitaMall Trust), excluding those already in my portfolio (Suntec Real Estate Inv Trust and Far East Hospitality Trust), with the aim of hedging against a bear market.

However, in this review, you can see that I have sold all my REITs and have bought NikkoAM-StraitsTrading Asia ex Japan REIT ETF instead. But I have not reversed away from my previous view of hedging against a bear market.

I made the above decision is because it allows me to reduce the number of counters in my portfolio, and NikkoAM-StraitsTrading Asia ex Japan REIT ETF is already a diversified REIT counter which is able to achieve my view of hedging against a bear market.

As of now, do note that there are a lot of changes on going for T.U.B Investing:

1. "T.U.B Circle" will be upgraded in 2 to 3 months time. This is a very exciting progress that I am really looking forward to it. Do like our Facebook page (T.U.B Investing) and follow me on InvestingNote to get the latest updates!

2. Super Scorecard is being upgraded further at this moment. The "Ultimate" extensive research is being done on this scorecard. Look out for it.

3. I am also going to review a list of my watchlist counters that I believe could be the "Next Big Thing" since I have been missing out on these exceptional gain counters, such as AEM and Micro-Mechanics.

Please do your own due diligence before you invest in any of the stocks in my portfolio.

Comments

  1. That's pretty strong gains. I am surprise and glad there is someone who do annual tracking like I do starting from the year. It makes understanding so much easier. Do you include dividends into your profits ?

    Amazing returns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cory,

      Thanks for commenting. Yup. The return is based on Total realised and unrealised gain including dividend.

      Regards,
      TUB

      Delete
  2. AEM is a growth stock. Its major customer is Intel. I agree AEM could be the "Next Big Thing". That is why I am pumping in at least 80% of my fund in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,

      Yup. I understand AEM could be the next big thing. But I feel it is too big already.

      Regards,
      TUB

      Delete

Post a Comment