My 15% Portfolio - Changes After 3 Quarters

I must have been too busy lately - juggling too stuff and having too many things on my mind.

This is because I realise I have forgotten to put up a post on the update for my portfolio. Thus, here is a short post on my update.

Please do note that this update is as of today, which is already 23 days off from 3rd Quarter 2018.

Prior to taking a look at the changes in my portfolio, let me emphasize on the following:

1. This portfolio review is calculated from 26 Dec 2017 and the aim is to review the total portfolio gain after 1 year.

2. The counter's initial share prices are their respective share prices on 26 Dec 2017.

3. The gain and loss stated is just a simple calculation of the difference in share prices, ignoring the transaction fees.

4. At times, if stated, the gain could include dividends.

5. This review will include my overseas counters in USA and Hong Kong.

End of 2nd Quarter 2018
End of 3rd Quarter 2018
Singapore Telecommunications Limited
Singapore Telecommunications Limited
Chuan Hup Holding Limited
Chuan Hup Holding Limited
Captii Limited
Sold All At 24% Loss
Japan Food Holding Ltd
Japan Food Holding Ltd
The Trendlines Group Ltd
The Trendlines Group Ltd
Starhill REIT
Starhill REIT
HongKong Land USD
HongKong Land USD
Ellipsiz Ltd
Sold All At 25% Loss
Sysma Holdings Ltd
Sold All At 5% Gain
Singhaiyi Group Ltd
Singhaiyi Group Ltd
The Hour Glass Limited
The Hour Glass Limited
Powermatic Data Systems Limited
Powermatic Data Systems Limited
The Walt Disney Company (USA Counter)
The Walt Disney Company (USA Counter)
Quarterhill Inc. (USA Counter)
Quarterhill Inc. (USA Counter)
Win Hanverby Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)
Sold All At 27% Loss

Additional: APAC Realty Limited

Additional: New Big Idea!

Additional: New Big Idea!

Additional: Facebook, Inc. (USA Counter)

Additional: Alibaba Group Holding Limited (USA Counter)

Do note that I do realize that it is almost impossible to make a 15% gain in the current market conditions. In addition, I have continue to sell the companies that no longer fit my strategy even at deep losses.

I had managed to keep my portfolio at 16 companies -  just 1 additional company from my last portfolio update. There are also 2 new big ideas which I will state in the future. One of the existing companies have also been upgraded to a big idea. For the Big Ideas Investing Theory, the current 11 companies contribute to over 70% of my portfolio.

In Short.

Despite my big losses reported for my last 2 updates, my overall portfolio is down at about 6.96%. As per my historical return, I believe that once I continue this strategy for at least 2 years, I will eventually make a gain for the portfolio.

Thank you for reading.

Oh... and do remember, please like our Facebook page (T.U.B Investing) and follow me on InvestingNote

Comments