Time To Listen Up

I wanted to write about the companies I own today. But that post could wait.

Because its time to listen up.

In my last post on 17 Jan 2021, I talked about my returns at 31%. 

Within 3 days, it has went up to 34.8%.

On the bridge side, I can shout “Hurray, I am a genius!”

Because many of the stocks I picked and I have declared publicly on FB Live with JR_Chai, My Last Webinar on my Strategy, My Fundamental Scorecard Telegram Group, this Blog and also My FB Page are just going up.

For SG Side:

Singtel (As per this post) – In S$2.310, as of 20 Jan S$2.470. 

Powermatic Data (As per this FB Live) – In S$2.510, as of 20 Jan S$2.640

For the US side:

CRNC (As per this post) – In US$53.50, As of time of writing US$120+.

APPS (As per my webinar) – In US$38.30, As of time of writing US$60+.

PCTI (As per this Youtube Video) – In US$5.780, As of time of writing US$10.7+ 

GOOG (As per this FB Live) – In US$1438, As of time of writing US$1840+

Do note that all the shares above I held for less than 1 year.

Nevertheless, as an investor in the market for over 10+ years, I am stay on the side of caution when things get so exuberant. 

Yes. In my opinion, the market seems to be too "Happy". 

So what will I do from here?

1. Relook at your portfolio and looked into the companies.

2. Understand what are the catalyst you are looking out for. 

  • For myself, I follow this way of choosing a company – such as (1) having a theme, (2) quantitative from Fundamental Scorecard Website, and having more time this way for (3) qualitative from my own research.
  • The above allows me to easily recalls the catalyst I am looking out for.


3. Sell some if you realise your proposition no longer holds.

4. Consider looking at unknowns - Companies no one is really looking at now.

5. Most importantly, CONTINUE TO STAY VESTED and ENSURE THAT YOU DO HOLD SOME CASH for any potential downside.

Basically, I am NOT saying that a market correction is long overdue. There is no need to go full cash. 
But as investors, we must practice risk management and proceed with caution.

If you are interested, please do bookmark this Blog or follow me on TUBInvesting FB, or Fundamental Scorecard Telegram Group (please google for the links!).

For my next post, I will start writing on APPS. Stay tuned. 

Comments